G8X M3/M4 “Level-Up” Charge-Air-Cooler Manifold
Design, Engineering, and Development
CSF worked closely with its strategic manufacturing partner PWR and Local R&D Partner Studio RSR on the development of the “Level-Up” Charge-Air-Cooler Manifold. The relationship with PWR offers CSF access to exclusive cutting edge Formula 1 grade technology, while Studio RSR offers expertise in real world race experience and hands on mechanical knowledge of the G8X platform.
There are many engineering details CSF isn’t ready to divulge prior to the official release. However, there is still a lot of information to share and details to be seen.
Billet Construction & PWR Core
The manifold is fully made from the highest grade billet aluminum. Each part is CNC machined with the highest precision and TIG welded to form a single air-to-water charge-air-cooler that is integrated into the intake manifold. The CSF manifold is not only capable of achieving the highest levels of performance of the s58 engine, but it’s all metal design is capable of withstanding extreme boost levels.
The ultra high performance liquid-to-air core is made by PWR. This Bar & Plate core is pressure tested to 120 psi to ensure it will withstand the high boost levels motorsports race teams can throw at it. Feedback from the community has shown the OEM core which is crimped onto plastic end tanks is prone to failure starting at just 27 pounds (psi) of boost pressure.
Fuel And Nitrous
Adding power always requires more fuel. Similar to the industries best selling B58 “Super Manifold” (CSF #8200), the G8X M3/M4 S58 “Level-Up” Manifold features a top feed port injection system. The intake runners have the injector bungs machined directly into them. The kit includes both the Fuel Rail and CNC Machined Block-Off Caps for non-use. In addition, the manifold also has integrated ports on each runner for Nitrous or Methanol Injection. Individual ports for each runner allows for maximum control and tuning.
- Faster recovery of Intake Air Temperatures (IATs)
- ~30°F reduction of Intake Air Temperatures (IATs) compared to OEM
- Less pressure drop compared to OEM core
- Puts less stress on the turbo system and allows more boost to be made at higher target power levels
- Ultra strong CNC Billet construction replaces weak plastic tanks with crimped-on gasket sealing core.
- High performance bar/plate intercooler core by PWR pressure tested to 120psi
- OEM cooler is a tube/fin core which is prone to failing at pressures over ~27psi
- Top feed port injection w/ included fuel rail (w/ CNC machined block-off caps included for non-use)
- Integrated Nitrous/Methanol Injection Ports
- Individual ports for each runner for maximum control
- Integrated vacuum and parameter pad to measure additional parameters
- Easy access to spin-off oil filter
- Integrated breather port for easy bleeding of air from the water side of the manifold
- Included KIYLEX Thermal Rejection Manifold Spacer
- Made from KIYLEX® – A patented revolutionary high-performance final stage polymer
- Acts as a thermal barrier that dissipates heat between the cylinder head and intake manifold
- Proven to lower intake manifold temperatures by up to 15%
- Lowers Intake Air Temps (IATs)
- All necessary brackets, hardware, and instructions to install
- Raw Billet Aluminum Finish
- True Plug-and-Play “Drop-in Fit” Installation – Requires Absolutely No Modifications.
- OEM level of fit and finish
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- 2021+ BMW G80 M3 (incl. Competition) – 6MT & ZF8 Auto
- 2021+ BMW G82/G83 M4 (incl. Competition) – 6MT & ZF8 Auto