Veloster N / i30 N / Kona N Intercooler
The CSF Advantage
With technology taken from CSF’s #1 selling BMW N54/N55 intercooler, the front face of the intercooler features CSF’s exclusive rounded bar/plate design, which aids the air entering the intercooler core by curving around the front bars rather than hitting and scattering on the surface of a traditional flat-bar faced intercooler.
CSF’s stepped-core design maximizes all of the available frontal area behind the front bumper and underneath the crash bar. The stepped-core protrudes upwards in front of the A.C. Condenser and sits just shy of the crash bar, for both the Veloster N and i30 N.
I30 N vehicles have a sheet metal bracket to affix an air temperature sensor hanging from the crash bar – this bracket is to be removed and the sensor can conveniently be installed on the left side tank of the CSF intercooler.
Through prototype testing and data acquisition with Bisimoto, the decision was made to keep the OEM-sized inlet and outlet connections. This resulted in low pressure drop, even considering how much larger the CSF intercooler is – in addition, this feature removes the need to include costly and unnecessary silicone hoses, allowing CSF to offer the N community the best value, entering the market at the most aggressive price point.
DCT vs 6MT Intercoolers
The engineers at Hyundai made a slight change to the intercooler outlet for the DCT version. Most likely this slight change was to increase clearance around the transmission on that side of the engine. However, this configuration can be achieved with a 90 degree hose from the intercooler to charge pipe. CSF includes a high temp, 4-ply, reinforced silicone hose specially made by HPS in the new intercooler kit to accommodate for this change. This heavy duty hose is suitable for applications ranging from factory to high boost levels.
- Includes intercooler to charge pipe hose for the DCT Veloster N & i30N.
- Hose made by HPS for CSF – 90 Degree 21/2” ID High Temp 4-ply reinforced silicone – suitable for factory & high boost applications
- Stepped Core Design for Maximum Surface Area Contact and Internal Intake Air-Flow Volume
- Largest “Drop-in Fit” Intercooler Available in the Industry
- Designed with 3D Scanning/Rapid Prototype Technology to Ensure Precise Fitment and Maximum Surface Area Utilization
- Lab Tested in CSF’s In-House Wind Tunnel
- Rounded Front Face Bar/Plate Design for Optimized Airflow Through the Core
- Integrated Air Temperature Sensor Bracket
- “Drop-in Fit” Design for an Easy & Quick Plug-and-Play Installation
- Fully Reversible Back to OEM Spec with No Modifications Needed
- Silver Finish
- OEM Part Number: Hyundai 28270-2GTF0
- 2020+ Hyundai Veloster N (DCT / Automatic)
- 2022+ Hyundai i30N (DCT / Automatic)
- 2022+ Hyundai Kona N (DCT / Automatic)